Sheri here –
That is one tough item to measure up to!
Of course, consistency is one of those interesting scales – totally self defined (most effective that way), so you get to make the rules.
Now where does that show up? Well, everywhere!
For instance: Do you
- Consistently brush your teeth every day?
- Wash your makeup off at the end of the day?
- Take your vitamins daily?
- Don’t spend impulsively, think prospective purchases through before you buy?
- Call your close friends and family every week, month?
- Write a gratitude list daily?
- Work out or exercise 3 times a week?
Some of those are tough, others easy; but they all fall into the realm of consistency, self-discipline, habit, etc.
Ok – so now what about in your business or personal business, as it relates to consistency. Do you
- Pay your bills at the same time monthly or on your schedule?
- Write an email or blog weekly, bi-weekly or monthly?
- Make 5 new connections daily 5 days a week?
- Follow-up all your new contacts right after you meet them?
Those seem a bit harder (to me), yet the same basic principle, disciplines apply.
Some are more habit than others, yet they all could be.
Why is Consistency Important
Why is consistency important? Why? Because it affects how you show up in the world, how you are seen by others.
If you a building a business or trying to create credibility, consistency is an excellent discipline. It enhances your reputation, it’s foundational in the know, like and trust process.
How do you want to be or known?
Consistency doesn’t take a lot, but it means a lot to others.
Just think about it…
Ciao and hugs,
P.S. What in the Comments – What your biggest consistency challenges are!