The Five People Who Surround You
Sheri here –
Jim Rohn, a motivational speaker said “you are the average of the 5 people that you spend the most time with”. I’m not certain how I feel about that. First, I don’t feel average, I choose to believe I am special – because I am ME.
What about you? Does this resonate? Were you uncomfortable when Jim Rohn implied you were average? Or are you the one with a rich full life, the envy of your friends?
Why Are the People Surrounding Me So Important?
They allow me into their life, to cherish the special times, even the moments we spend together, to celebrate their victories, to learn from their experiences and to support them in times of loss. In return, they do the same for me.
We are all better for these types of relationships. These rich relationships reflect the abundance in our lives because of the people around us. And it isn’t necessarily limited to five people.
When I started looking around to see who I did spend my time with, I realized that the marvelous group had gotten smaller. Smaller through attrition, some of those long-time great folks were starting to move onto the great beyond.
My heart is sad for their going, and my life is bigger for the knowing.
Expand Your Definition of Abundance
Abundance, prosperity and wealth come in more forms than just money; relationships are one of them. Consider expanding your definition of abundance and your feeling of wealth!
While you are expanding your definition of abundance and wealth, use the following tips to start saving money.
- Sign up for all the loyalty programs (airline, hotel, and car) that are available to you. These may be sources of free airline tickets, hotel rooms and car rentals.
- Instead of buying a new car, buy a pre-owned 2- or 3-year-old car. The biggest drop in value happens during the first year (ok when you drive it off the lot). Let someone else pay the higher price.
- Know your credit card due dates and make payments prior to those dates to avoid late fees. If the due date is a problem, request a change in date. Many times, the credit card company is willing to accommodate your needs.
- Reconsider, even stop completely, grocery and meal delivery services – avoid the delivery and tip fees.
- Do you need a new purse or briefcase (yes, some people still use them)? Buy a higher quality bag and keep it longer, which will lower the cost in the long run. Shop the thrift stores or discount apps to find a “gently” used high quality bag that meets your needs for a fraction of the price.
Until the next time – enjoy the prosperity and the feeling of abundance in all areas of your life.
P.S. If you want immediate access to “101 Ways to Save Money” just click here to download!